Sunday, February 8, 2009

Explosion of Randomness

God, it's just been an incredible weekend we've been having, am I right people? But I haven't been able to enjoy it because of all the time-consuming, won't-help-me-at-all packets that I have to do. I swear, I am going to take it SO easy my senior year, and I don't give a shit what my guidance counselor tells me otherwise.

Anyway, I've been thinking that my blog is not as random as it should be; sorta letting down myself here, giving random is right in the title. So here's a few of the more interesting thoughts swirling around my brilliant but lazy mind:

1. Where did fish acquire a taste for worms? Because they don't exactly live side by side, and one can't swim while the other can't go on land. And yet, fish can't get enough of them when they're attached to a innocent-looking hook. I suppose one day a worm landed in the water, a fish ate it, thought, "holy shit, that tasted amazing!" and went to tell all his friends about it, and the info spread like wildfire. Just my theory, I know, but let's see you explain it better.

2. Why is it that a trip to Disneyworld when you're young is like a rite of passage? Don't get me wrong, I love Walt Disney and the wonderful land of happiness he's created (they've got his body cryogenically frozen underneath the castle, and that's the truth.) But why is it that if you never go and never spend a crapload of money on plastic novelties that will end up in the back of the closet, you're told you're going to end up an outcast or your parents actually don't love you? It's just that millions of people all over the world never get to see a man in a Mickey Mouse suit running around with his colorful assortment of friends and they turn out perfectly fine. Besides, there are so many better places that you could go relax and have fun in the world.

3. Why are senior citizens still allowed to drive? This just blows my mind. They drive these huge cars that they couldn't drive properly to save their lives. They drive EXACTLY the speed limit (not a mph faster or slower,) causing both traffic jams and aggravation. And they have this annoying tendency to leave their turn signals on after making the turn 5 miles ago, to the point where you wish you were driving James Bond's car and guns would pop out and shoot out their lights. My belief is that as soon as you reach 85, your license is automatically taken away, no questions asked. And to those of you that object I say "Piss off! Go watch your daytime t.v. and reminisce about the good ol' days."

And I've encountered a writer's block, so I will end it here.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree..they are going to unfreeze him one day and use his cells to make mini-Walts.

    ReplyDelete